Tiled Dragon Heater Plan
These are the plans which come with the Rocket Heater Barrel Build. If you later buy a Barrel Build kit, the $50 for these plans is credited to your purchase.
The 4" and 6" heaters are built similarly; the dimensions and the steel drum required are different. Using the pre-cast barrel supports, these stoves can be built in a day, including tiling the outer surfaces.
Standard CMU blocks (8" x 16" x 4" thick) available inexpensively from your home center are used for the sides and square end of this build.
- sketchup plans for the 4" tiled dragon heater
- sketchup plans for the 6" tiled dragon heater
- a step by step video of building the 4" (the 6" and 4" are the same process)
- a PDF of instructions
Sketchup, version 8 is a free program that can be downloaded here. With the sketchup plans you can:
- measure any of the dimensions in the plans
- use any texture pictures to custom design the look of your dragon heater
- use the material layers to deconstruct exactly how the heater is put together